Child Protection Policy
ARTeach is committed to a practice which protects children and vulnerable from harm. This includes
a) safeguarding, our duty of care to look after vulnerable children and help them to achieve their potential, and
b) child protection, which involves protection from abuse. Abuse can include neglect, sexual, physical, or psychological and emotional abuse.
We confirm that ARTeach undergoes the following recruitment and child safeguarding checks:
- Photo ID has been checked
- Evidence pf relevant qualifications has been obtained
- DBS has been conducted and obtained as seen below
- Evidence of right to work in the UK has been checked
- Proof of address has been checked
- Criminal overseas checks have been conducted (where applicable)
- Barred list checks have been carried out for all permanent staff
- Disqualification by Association decelerations have been signed as seen below (where applicable)
Disclosure and Barring Service
Staff have Enhanced DBS clearances which cover the following areas:
• any police records of convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings
• information from the list held under Section 142 of the Education Act 2002
• Children’s Barred List Information – this would show if an applicant is Barred from working with children
• any other relevant information disclosed at the Chief Police Officer(s) discretion. Under this section would be noted “soft information”. This could be details of a household member (other than the applicant) who may have a record that would contain information that an employer would need to be aware of. An example of this may be a household member who has drug activity.
Disqualification by Association
For staff working in settings where there are children under the age of 8 years old, as part of the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and related obligations under the Childcare Act 2006, ARTeach has obtained signed Disqualification by Association declaration forms from all members of staff which affirms to the best of their knowledge that no one in their household is disqualified from working with children under the Regulations, this declaration is resigned every year.
We are up to date with the Keeping Children Safe in Education policy which can be found here:
Questions about this policy, or requests for further information, should be directed to the
Company Manager at .