Data Protection and Data Security Policy
Statement and purpose of policy:
A. ARTeach (the Employer) is committed to ensure that all personal data handled by us will be processes accordingly to legally compliant standards of data protection and data security.
B. We confirm for the purpose of the data protection laws, that the Employer is a data controller of the personal data in connection with your employment. This means that we determine the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed.
C. The purpose of this policy is to help us achieve our data protection and data security by:
1. notifying our staff of the types of personal information that we may hold about them, our customers, suppliers, and third parties and what we do with that information.
2. setting out the rules on data protection and the legal conditions that must be satisfied when we collect, receive, handle, process, transfer and store personal data, and ensuring staff understand our rules and legal standards, and
3. clarifying the responsibilities and duties of staff in respect of data protection and data security.
D. This is a statement of policy only and does not form part of your contract of employment . We may amend this policy at any time, in our absolute discretion.
E. For the purpose of this policy:
1. Criminal records data means information about an individual’s convictions and offences, and information relating to criminal allegations and proceedings.
2. Data protection laws means all applicable laws relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, for the period which is in force, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU)2016/679).
3. Data subject means the individual to whom the personal data relates.
4. Personal data means any use tat is made of data, including collecting, storing, amending, disclosing, or destroying it.
5. Special categories od personal data means information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and biometric data.
Date Protection Principles
Staff whose works involves dealing with personal data of Staff must comply with
our policy and with the following projection data principles, which require that
personal information is:
a. processed lawfully, fairly and in transparent manner, as set out in data protection laws.
b. collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
c. processed only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
d. accurate and the Employer takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that is inaccurate is rectifies or deleted without delay.
e. kept only for the period necessary for processing.
f. secure, and appropriate measures are adopted by the Employer to ensure as such.
Questions about this policy, or requests for further information, should be
directed to the Company Manager at email@example.com.
This site uses Google Analytics to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website. Further
questions regarding the kind of data being collected should be directed to the Company Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.